“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jeremiah 29:11.
As another year comes to an end, many people begin to reflect on what happened over the course of it. I think it is really easy to give into the negatives and remember all the bad things that happened to us, I know I can be really guilty of this. Though today, all I want to do is think of the good. On this day, five years ago this is what I wrote online:
“The amount of change I have gone through in just the past month has been mind-blowing yet absolutely amazing. I don’t even recognize myself anymore. I do things no one would expect me to do, experience everything I can, and chase after dreams I once thought were impossible. I realize now that it was totally worth taking that gigantic leap of faith.”
December 29th has been a great day of reflection and joy for me. It is a day to remember the amazing things that have happened in my life. 2016 was a hard year, but yet it was so wonderful for many reasons:
- I survived the hardest year of teaching thus far.
- I graduated from graduate school with a 4.0 GPA.
- I became bolder with speaking about my faith and grew in my walk with Christ.
- I grew closer to my family.
- I moved into a beautiful new place.
- I graduated school with ZERO debt.
- I’m getting better with my battle of desiring the approval of others.
- I traveled to new and exciting places.
- After 5 months, I finally have full hearing back in my ear!
- I found out who my real friends were.
My plans for 2016 did not really work out like I was thinking they would (but when do they ever?????), but I am so glad it worked out this way. I guess God really knows what he’s talking about when He says He had plans for our lives, right?
What amazing things happened to you this year?